Phillies Bridge Farm Project (PBFP) seeks a Camp Director for the upcoming (2018) summer camp program. This individual will report to the PBFP board of directors and will be responsible for all aspects of running the camp. Employment is seasonal, from May through August. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 21 years old
- At least 24 weeks of previous administration or supervisory experience in camping or equivalent experience.
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified (current 2018 certification or refresher).
Preferred Qualifications and Characteristics:
- 4 years experience teaching children in the outdoors, including farm or garden-based settings.
- Excellent organizing and planning skills; ability to develop camp activities and schedules, make scheduling assignments, order and inventory supplies and equipment, keep track of camper registration and medical information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with partner organizations, parents, and staff.
- Mature, intelligent and patient; able to deal effectively with camp, personnel and camper issues.
- Enthusiastic and spirited leader.
Overall direction and supervision of the summer camp; ultimately responsible for the smooth functioning of the camp, the performance of camp staff, and the well-being of all campers.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of the overall camp plan and its parts.
- Trains and supervises all camp staff.
- Oversees the set up, operation and maintenance of the camp facilities.
- Responsible for coordinating lightning and fire safety plans and procedures.
- The contact person for parents’ questions and concerns.
- Fields all health-related activities and concerns.
- Reviews camper medical forms and medications and advises camp staff accordingly.
- Works with camp staff to design and implement the camp program.
- Works with camp staff to evaluate and refine the camp facilities and programs.
- Works with camp staff to maintain Education Gardens under the guidance of the Farm Manager
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter, your resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.