We are excited to offer winter CSA shares for the 2022-2023 season!
The winter share includes a diversity of greens, herbs, roots, onions, garlic, and winter squash. Winter production has to overcome extreme growing conditions and long storage; therefore, the variety is determined by what can be grown in this region in the winter. You will be rewarded with some of the sweetest tasting spinach and kale you have ever eaten and herbs so fresh it will feel like summer in your kitchen.
There is a seasonality to these winter crops. Larger bunches of greens and heads of lettuce will be common in December, while deeper winter gives way to smaller cut greens and unique specialty greens. Similarly, winter squash will be plentiful for the first few months, but likely won’t store into March.
Winter CSA is only available to Phillies Bridge summer CSA members and is limited to one share per household.
- 22 weeks of vegetables, picked up every other week* Dec – April
*3 week gap between Dec 16th and Jan 6th
- Flexible pickups on the farm, Friday & Saturday
- About half storage crops and half fresh greens from our high tunnels
- One share size: the total quantity of vegetables in our winter share is roughly the amount of a small summer share, picked up in double the amount every two weeks. This will be roughly 14 items per pickup, approx. 10-14 lbs storage crops and 2-4 lbs of greens
- Shares are pre-packed without options.
- Price: $550
Shares may include:
Spinach – often
Winter squash – often